Damages caused by flood are exceptionally devastating. If instant actions were not taken after the flooding situations, things can become worse. Water remediation including flooding cleanup should be done at your earliest before adverse situations emerge. Under such circumstance, you may need the assistance of a professional body that has good experience handling similar situations. However, you must be able to pick the right kind of service provider and address the situation effectively.
Without the assistance of a professional that knows how to help you to get out the unpleasant situation correctly, things can be really hard for you. When you are with a firm that has experience, skills and knowledge in handling water remediation process, you will be able to experience a great amount of relief. These firms are equipped with necessary equipments like truck mounted (and portable water extractors, dehumidifiers, moisture meters, air movers etc. to facilitate a seamless flooding cleanup process.
After a flood, the process of water remediation process will consist of three major aspects.
- Drying process
Before everything else, your remediation company will start to dry out the venue. They will remove both water and moisture utilizing the high end equipment. Along with the water, unrecoverable items will be removed too. Damaged flooring, damp drywall, baseboard etc. are examples for such items.
- Handling personal property
As the next stage of the flooding cleanup process, the firm will handle the personal property. At this stage, items like your personal belongings, clothing, and furniture items will be taken off the scene for restoration process. As a crucial step, all the items will be included in an inventory for the reference.
- Structural repair
At the final stage of the water remediation process, repairing will begin. This phase entails aspects such as restoring building elements, insulation, replacements of baseboards, drywall, flooring, painting etc. This is more like a total renovation process for the house.
While some companies offer all these three steps under single package, you can find companies that offer these services separately. However, before you make the final decision about the company, you must be aware of certain points as mentioned below.
- Get a written contract from the vendor and read every word of it before you sign it. It is compulsory for you to understand all the terms and conditions mentioned.
- Have a good idea about the fee structure.
- Be sure about the cost of the drying process. Check with your insurance company if you can claim the costs; otherwise, you will have to bear the cost. So, be prepared for it in advance.
- Demand for copies of documents like Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS). They are important as the flood remediation company will use some chemicals, anti-microbial agents etc. within the premises.
- Read for reviews of the company. See what the previous clients say about this firm.
- Have everything be photographed before the process begins and anything moved or changed. If necessary, check with the BBB (Better Business Bureau) for the history of the company.